Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fall 2013 Moves Along

Here is the picture I will put in my snowman frame (when I remember to print a copy for me!).  This will update what's in it which is from Christmas 2010!

Because my flight was delayed instead of arriving on the 10th of October in New Hampshire, I arrived on the 11th which as you probably know is my birthday. Ally, Sean and Matt (who will be 7 next month) came for 3.5 days which was wonderful!  Matt and I had an opportunity to go shopping and to a pumpkin patch alone while his parents enjoyed some time alone.  I was so happy to see all of them!  I hadn't seen Sean since 2011 so I was really, really glad he could come.  He's such a good dad and husband.  Ally is so happy and so is Matt.  How I miss them!


Now here is a great picture of Matt with his Great Grammy.  Had to post this!

Ah yes, here we are again, the PSC gals.  Yes, I know it's Plymouth State UNIVERSITY now but to us it will always be Plymouth State College.  Jeannie, on the left behind me in the chair, will have known me 40 years next September. Where did the time go?

And finally a picture of Andrew and Matt.  It's hard to believe how much they've grown since last year.  Matt is getting really tall!  Matt is in 2nd grade and Andrew is in 1st.  Both are probably the smartest boys in their class.  I wish I could visit more than once a year but with no paid vacation and plane fare really high, I was lucky to be able to go this once.

There is a possibility that I will end up with more work.  The office manager has taken a 6 month leave of absence and I'll be doing some of what she does. Obviously because I'm not in the office physically I can't answer phones but I can schedule appointments and do other documents.  I'm hoping that when things pick up financially for them that it will be passed along to me and I will be guaranteed 20 hours per week instead of the 10 I have now.  If they did that it would make my life a bit easier, for sure.  I am hoping they will do that and move me up to a limit of 25 per week soon.  We shall see.

I've been busy doing crochet.  I should probably post something to the Crafty Rantings about that but some of these things are presents for Christmas so probably not.

I'll be spending Thanksgiving with my adopted family in Gridley.  How lucky I am to have been taken in by them!  At first I wasn't sure I would ever fit in. That lasted about 15 minutes. :)

While I was thinking about how long I've known people it occurred to me that I have known Susan and my friend Amy for 12 years now!  I haven't had a fight with either one (knock wood) and hope it stays that way!

Tuesday I had another eye doctor appointment (every 4-8 weeks) and got another shot in my left eye (the bad one).  On my way home from Amy's house, who is kind enough to take me to my appointments, I had changed the CD in the car and didn't pay much attention.  Until it started.  And then it made me cry.  Neil Diamond singing "Forever in Blue Jeans".  It brought such happy memories of "champagne weekends" at Bev's place in Peterborough with her, Jeannie and I being together and while we might not have done a lot, it really was a time in my life that made me incredibly happy.  Thank you Bev and Jeannie.  I will always think of the two of you when I hear that song.

Then later on came Eric Clapton singing "Nobody Knows You" (when you're down and out) and that made me think of how lucky I am that after I lost my job in 2011 I had some wonderful friends who continue to this day to stand by me and be good friends - Amy, Susan, Alma and Tammy.

God has blessed me with a wonderful family and magnificent friends.  I am one fortunate fat old penguin, for sure.  Thank you.

 

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home