Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Friday, September 20, 2013

Bad Blogger

Oh yes I'm bad at blogging.  I hate continually repeating things but I see that this will be my first entry for 2013.  Yikes!

Since April I have been working 20 hours a week which is enough to support myself financially.  No more unemployment.  Getting the hours has been a significant struggle during the summer and I am hoping it gets better now.

I have made it through the horribly hot summer.  I had repairs done to my house.  The significant ones were adding a ceiling fan/light to the livingroom, a new front door that looks just like the other but doesn't have gaps around it, safety bars to hold onto in the tub and a new kitchen faucet.  Other things, too, but these I needed.  Well, ok, I needed the railings out front because there are a lot of stairs.

On October 10th I fly to New Hampshire to spend 7 days with my family.  I need that desperately.  I miss them so much!

I've been blessed with wonderful employers to do a job I love from the home that I love.

For almost a month now I have been suffering with a left knee and surrounding area that hurts like crazy.  I limp.  I have no health insurance or money to afford a doctor so I use the only thing I know that can work - prayer.

It is getting dark earlier now.  This makes me happy because I know that winter is coming.  Not only will it be cooler but I am still here where I want to be.  If the leg is doing alright I will decorate as much for Christmas this year as I did last and that was a lot.

This coming Thursday my dad will have been gone from us for 15 years.  Maybe I should say "gone from this earth" because he really is always with us.  Memories.  I miss him terribly.

I talk to my mother at least once a day.  That helps me handle being lonely.  She is my biggest emotional supporter.

I will see Ally, Matt and Sean while I'm back east and I'm looking forward to that a lot.  Also my college friends who I miss.

I don't sleep well but that is a combination of planning ahead and too much in my mind.  I know whatever happens to me, wherever I end up, the destination isn't really of my planning.  God's got things planned.  I just hope I'm smart enough to follow and trust.

I have had struggles this year with my vision.  My eye doctor has been kind and generous and allows me to get the treatment I need even though I have no insurance.  I am still paying off the 2011 work.  So that's another blessing from heaven.

As summer fades into fall, fall means a trip to see family.  When I return it will be very close to being winter and I will like that.  Cooler weather.  The ability to fill my time with crafting and not worrying about roasting because of the yarn.

Hopefully I will get back here again, maybe after vacation with pictures.

Life goes on.  Not always how we'd like but it goes on.  I am not as well off financially as I'd like but I have so many other blessings that I'm not worried.  And I'm a lot happier than I was before I was laid off in June, 2011.  Much happier!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home