Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Saturday, November 13, 2010

More October & Other Stuff

Well here we are, the PSC gals on 10-10-10. Jeannie, Bev, me and Sherry. I really look forward to us getting together. It's good to catch up but you know what the best thing is? It's like we've never been apart. We have known each other since I was 17 and they were 18 and when you're talking about 36 years of friendship, that's pretty cool. Jeannie sent me a nice picture she had taken of my mother and me and I love it!

Over on the right is a picture of more family. My Aunt Rosemary (in the middle) with my cousins Sarabeth (left) and Laura (right). Their brother Bob doesn't like to have his picture taken. So typical of people in our family! And their sister Jennifer wasn't able to be at the birthday party at Sarabeth's house. Anyway, thought I would share this since it's been a long time since I've gotten a picture of them together.
As always the foliage was beautiful. Every year I go visit the graves of my grandparents, dad and cousin Ralph. Ralph was one of the sweetest men I've ever known. A very religious man who, as far back as I can remember was stooped over and had white hair. I can still picture him, probably 45 years later, sitting in the pew at church and praying. And his smile. So I take foliage pictures at the Berwick Cemetary where my mom's side of the family, including cousin Ralph, are buried. There is a little building there that's a water house where they have main control of the water. This is the building. It's right across the lane from where my grandparents are buried and across another side is where cousin Ralph lies in rest. You would think it is a sad place to visit but it brings me good memories and reminds me that I come from good people.

Like the PSC gals who have known me so long, and Lynn, my ex-sister-in-law who really isn't an ex anything except where it concerns being married to my brother, and my cousins and my mom and my brother. I am reminded that I come from a place where family values count. Where friendship matters. Honesty. Commitment. Devotion. Generosity. I come from a solid background. And I hope I have been able to pass that along to my children and hopefully someday Matt will have it.

Vacation in October always reminds me of where I come from and how I go to where I am. It is fulfilling for my soul. No wonder I love October vacation!

And now to explain something else. OK, we all know I'm odd. I love my house. I am so happy here! And sometimes I cannot stop myself. I will stop just in the doorway from the diningroom to the kitchen and hug my house and tell it how much I love being here. Because I do. I explained it to my friend Alma. I remember how the deadbolt lock works in my door this way:

When I leave in the morning, it turns left because I have left the happy place.

When I arrive home at night, it turns right because all is right in my world again.

This is how happy I am at my house. Yes, I'd be happier if I could get the repairs done and re-finance to a 30 year loan so I wouldn't have to worry. But still, I love being here. I'm going to keep trying to find someone to help do repairs. I am not sure it will happen as soon as I'd like but come next spring I must do a big push. I am not sure why people say they are interested then change their minds. I think maybe because it's not all that profitable. Who knows. But I am happy here. And will be happier if I can get everything done so there is no threat of losing my happy place.

The pictures of Den, mom and me are blurry so no post. But here's a picture of Den in my back yard when he was here for a couple of days. He's standing where the doghouse used to be but is now gone thanks to Den.


So now that I have been busy for over an hour posting to both blogs I am going to sign off. Usually I don't have this much to say or pictures to post. But who knows what the future holds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home