Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Andrew and My October Vacation

Here's Andrew wearing the brown hat I crocheted for him (mentioned in my Crafty Rantings blog). He's such a smart and sweet boy! I love being able to spend time with him. He lives 3500 miles away but I spend more time each year with him than with Matt who lives 12 hours south of me. Just the way it is.

Andrew was a little mixed up when they told him Aunt Lynn was coming to visit. He knew Grampy had gone to see her and was coming back with her to Great Grammy's house. He thought I was Grampy's Aunt Lynn. They explained to him that no, I was Grampy's sister and HIS Aunt Lynn. He got that. Then when they asked him if he knew where Aunt Lynn lived he most certainly did! Here's a little background on how this particular sweet thing happened.
Andrew's Grammy Punkin' is my brother's ex-wife. She lives in a beautiful country home (thank you for lunch!). She has goats and cats and a little dog named Fiona. Here's a picture of Lynn with Fiona in her country kitchen.



So Andrew, when asked where Aunt Lynn lives, responded that he did! She lives in Cali-fiona!

I had such a wonderful vacation! I got to see college friends and foliage (see next post), go to the Basketball Hall of Fame, spend time with Andrew, Lynn (who is one of my oldest friends and so much like a sister!), my mom and other relatives. But it was tiring and things were busy when I got home. But I honestly love my two week October vacation. I look forward to it all year long!

So I haven't blogged much but I've been happy. And I'll talk more about that in another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home