Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Friday, March 12, 2010

Fortunate Me

I am truly a fortunate person. I have a wonderful family. They have always supported me even when I have done stupid things. But let's make this perfectly clear up front - buying this house is NOT a stupid thing. It is probably one of the smartest things I have ever done.

I am fortunate in that I have truly wonderful friends. Jo and Fred and Tammy are helping me move the storage unit which contains the majority of what I need to set up in the house (or put away). Alma and Amy are helping me pack and move.

And what can I say about Susan? She really is the sister I never had. She has encouraged me every step of the way. She has made me believe that I truly deserve this house and the happiness I will have. She has had faith in me when I had none in myself.

But you know I am finding I am fortunate in ways that you might not think. My repairman is charging me $5/hr. less than his usual rate because I'm a first time homeowner and as a favor to Susan. My cleaning is being done by people who are friends of Susan's and who usually do commerical cleaning. A friend of mine who is an attorney has a husband who is an electrician and he cleared time on his schedule today to take care of the few minor things my repairman could not.

I turn around and there is alway someone willing to help me make a better life for myself. And I want to cry because I am so fortunate to have so many wonderful people in my life. People who want the best for me. I do not know how I can ever thank them except to live life and be happy and always treasure their love, their help, their kindness. I hope they understand how grateful I am for all of their doings on my behalf.

I believe in being a good friend to everyone. I don't expect anything in return. For me it's always been and always will be the Golden Rule - Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You. I try not to be mean. Even when I want to be.

David has not been nice about any of this and yet I still try to be nice to him. I understand why he's upset. I hope that one day he will see that this was something I had to do for me and he will get past it. We have known each other for 8 years now and it would be a shame to lose a friendship but that will ultimately be his choice.

I am a truly fortunate person. I have found wonderful people to be a part of my life. I only hope that they think the same of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home