Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reactions

I was hoping to be surprised with positive reactions when I told Dad and David I was buying a house and moving at the end of the month. Dad seemed alright and wanted to know something about the house. David's reaction is something I will not post about but if you want to know, email me. Let's just say it was typical.

I guess I will have to box up things and take them over the storage unit before I can actually move since it appears there won't be enough room in the bedroom for everything I have to take from here. No, don't ask.

While my friends and family have been happy for me, these friends who took me in have had a different reaction although it was not totally unexpected. I explained that I can't move anything for 2 weeks since there have to be repairs done. I think they would be happy if I left today. But I paid rent through March 31st so even after the big furniture is moved I will leave a few boxes and get the last one on the 3oth. I will be out by the 31st.

There is a lot of work ahead and it's going to be extremely tiring. I will have to find someone to help me hook up the electronics. I am not worried about the computer as long as the phone company hooks up the DSL. It's the DVR/blue ray I worry about. But perhaps the satellite company will do that for me. I still need to arrange that. And a ton of other things.

I guess after I move out whatever friendship I had after almost 7 years will be gone. I am going to try to keep it going but I have a feeling David sees this as no big loss. I feel sad for him. But it is his choice. I am going to move ahead with my life and if I have lost a friend I will be sad but I have other good friends who have proven to be "always there" friends. Glad to know to them I am more than just an income. Thank you. I love you all dearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home