Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Being Single

As you can tell from the prior post, I have recently been doing a lot of thinking about being single. Yes, there are a bunch of positive things about it. And some negatives. For me the scary part about being alone is being able to make it financially. But just so you know, here are a few of the things I consider positive about being single.

1. I can do as much knitting or crocheting as I like without criticism.
2. I can jump in the car and go where I want on a weekend. My decision, my responsibility.
3. I can stay warm at night because I never am without the covers unless *I* have pushed them aside.
4. I can fill the other half of the bed with my books, magazines, crafty stuff, mail, whatever I want and still have lots of room to move.
5. I watch what I want on tv. Movies, too.
6. I can sing along with the CD in the car whenever I choose, no matter how awful my voice might be that day.
7. I do what I want for myself and others whenever I want. Even if it's small, big, silly or serious.
8. I can yell at the tv when the Celtics are losing or sloppy and nobody looks at me like I'm an alien.
9. I know that when I put something down it won't move.
10. The only mess in my space is mess I've made. I only have to pick up after me.
11. I can have as much girly decorations around as I want without explanations.
12. I can shop at the Salvation Army on a Saturday morning, Wal-Mart, Joann's and Costco and know that whatever I do or do not purchase is my own choice.

Being single allows you the opportunity to be very selfish and self centered, if you want. I am sometimes that way but I still take the time to do something for others. The selfish things I do are usually craft related or watching tv related. I live with two men who are family and who love me very much. I will always choose to do for them even though I am single. I am single in relationship status only. I'm part of a family where I live. So while I may be single, I am not alone. Now THAT is something that makes me smile, that makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home