Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An Email

I sent the following email to Tom McClintock, the congressman who represents my district.

"My benefits expire January 6th. Thanks to no extension I will lose my home, be forced to move 3500 miles to live with and be supported by my elderly mother. I interviewed for a good job but the background check takes 2 months. I won't be here when they finally are able to offer me the job. I will lose everything I have worked for my whole life. All because with 35 years of experience and a bachelor's degree I could not find a job in California in 6 months in a county with a double digit unemployment rate. I'm sure you'll have a merry Christmas. I'll be preparing to leave California, my friends, my house, my belongings, my hope and my dreams. I'm a conservative Republican. Maybe that will be a positive when I move across the country. I am sorry you care more about politics than the people you are supposed to represent. As Lily Tomlin used to say as the phone lady, your response is "We don't care. We don't have to.""

(Am I angry - damned right I'm angry!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home