Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cruel?

Alright after posting about the mouse someone commented (and yes, I deleted it) that it was cruel of me to just put the mouse in the garbage and that it was cruel to use a glue trap. OK, I live in the city. Should I just put it outside to come back in? Maybe you'd like me to just leave my house so the mice can have it. The fact is that I never had a problem until the house next door became vacant due to foreclosure. So I'm supposed to be uncomfortable living in my house because the neighbors couldn't pay their mortgage? Maybe you'd like me to stop the regular pest control and invite the tons of ants that house has into mine, too. C'mon, let's be practical here. Mice do not belong in my house. I understand that it's not a pleasant way for them to die. I'm sorry about that. But I won't use any of those terrible traps that spring something down to trap their feet or crush their neck. I think that is horrific. And just so you know there was food in the trash for the mouse to eat. The only thing is that there's no way out.

OK, maybe it's cruel. If you want to call me names because I want to be able to live in my house free of fear of mice then go ahead. I am truly petrified of mice. My only choice outside of getting rid of the mice is to leave.

And yes, I have called my pest control to have them come look into it and take care of the problem if possible. If you think I enjoy being cruel, you're wrong. I don't. But if it's me or the mice, I pick me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home