Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When You Can't Sleep

Think about the things you've wanted to say but haven't. I look at my hands and see that the shape is mom's and the nails are dad's. And I'm glad that I have something I can look at and always feel connected to them. I think of so many people all the time. And I know they probably don't think about me at all. I miss Waldo. I miss being in 6th grade and that feeling that not only did Dana mean the world to me but I meant the world to him. I doubt either of these childhood friends have thought of me in over 35 years. This makes me sad. So many people who have meant so much to me. I look down at Mom's hands and dad's nails and sit here missing parts of my life that are past. I miss David St. Jean all the time. Whenever I allow myself to think about the fact that he is gone, really gone, it makes me cry. I went to Bill Curra's blog today and see he hasn't updated it in a year. And would he know who I am? No. Not a clue. But I think about him, too. And I wonder how Vicky is coping. I think about Vicky and how things out of her control completely re-shaped her life and it makes me so sad. And I am sure she hasn't thought of me since high school. But it doesn't mean I don't think about her. If you're reading this, I probably think about you every day, too. And miss you. Tonight I am seriously missing people from my past and people from my present. And wishing I didn't have to miss anyone. I hope wherever you are you're happy. Andy. Ally. Matt. Susan. Bill. Vicky. Dana. And Waldo. Always Waldo. I love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home