Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Monday, February 11, 2008

Two Items

First Thing
There are certain songs that remind me of certain people and places and events. For instance, I can never hear Neil Diamond's "Forever In Blue Jeans" without immediately thinking of weekends spent with my friends Bev and Jeannie where we not only listened to Neil Diamond all weekend but had champagne breakfast Sunday mornings. Oh my. And The Eagles "Takin' It Easy" always reminds me of my dad. He loved that song. So as I was popping in a different CD Thursday night and found it was one of my mixes, when the first song came on, it was "Forever In Blue Jeans" and I thought of younger days. Then later on the CD is "Running on Empty" and yet more memories. I need to dig out my older music more often. Boz Scaggs and his "Silk Degrees" album brings me back to college. But all things said, I'm glad I'm the age I am. I'm not sure I could take another 40 or 50 years from this point forward. No wonder as we get older we remember the past more.

Second Thing

I'm not sure what it says about my life (and I don't care) but the love of my life is a guy with very few teeth, a great smile, with pants that fall down and who needs help with stairs, who makes a real mess when he eats, needs naps and has very little hair. This means he is either 80 or a small child. I elect the small child. It's Matt. Yup, the love of my life. How could you not love this?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home