Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Today's List

Oh I have a bunch of things I want to do today. First, though, is this...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

She is 74 today.

I hate the fact that I need to go to Costco and WalMart today. Everyone and their brother, sister, cousin and dog will be shopping for Superbowl Sunday. But I need to. Ugh.

I want to finish #7 of Judy's washcloths and do more work on Mom's shawl. Yeah, I know... this belongs on my Crafty Rantings. Trust me, I'll get there.

I need to call David to see if I'm supposed to be going over for some Max time tonight. Just getting acquainted.

I need to do laundry. I need to start packing for Thursday. I am going to be so tired when I get there. I am working a full day, driving to the airport and flying. I think I will have to sleep in on Friday.

Saturday is the day when I drink a pot of coffee in the morning, update the blogs and then go to Costco/WalMart/wherever to do errands, including the post office, come home and watch bad movies on the SciFi channel and knit and/or crochet. I have motivated myself to today finish #7 and start #8 as well as work on two other on-going projects. No, nothing for me. Well, maybe. I have my shawl draped over a chair in the livingroom and I am getting tired of looking at the spots that need flowers so maybe I'll make another 4 or 6 and sew those on. Doesn't take too long.

Anyway, I think I was so gloomy earlier in the week because I was feeling awful. I came home from work Thursday after only being there about 4 hours and did lots of sleeping and that helped. I didn't want to be sick going to see Ally, Sean and Matt. And Heather! I'm going to get to see Heather! Ally and I are going to her house for dinner Friday night. We'd bring Matt but he is horrible if he is up past 7pm, his bedtime, so he and daddy will stay home. Daddy has to leave for drill early, anyway, so he couldn't be out late either. But I know Ally and I will have a good time. I'm looking forward to seeing the girls again as well as Heather.

Now it's time for more coffee, a shower, get dressed and off to Costco when it opens (or WalMart before). Oh wait... what was that? Ah... my 40% off a regular priced item coupon for Joann's is calling and reminding me that Joann's is right inbetween WalMart and Costco. Oh you naughty coupon! Now I just HAVE to go look!

Happy Saturday all!

I will tell you all about my March plans later. I am super excited about those!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Ally said…

    Just realized that Sean is leaving for drill friday MORNING...whoops! So Matt is just going to have to deal with it! I have been keeping him up until 8 for the past week, so hopefully it'll be fine.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lynn, I am getting things ready for your visit. Will be making a trip to Mo Val to hit the World Market. They don't carry what I need for the pasta dish Scott picked out in the local grocery stores. I'm excited I haven't been in that store in a while.

    Anyway can't wait to see you, Ally and Matthew again. And let Ally know we'll get Matthew to bed on time. I know how she feels. Not sure if it's the same situation but I have had my girls on a schedule since they came home. Bed time is still 8pm but now the weekends I let it slide once in a while and lol you know how old they are. Me likes me quiet time!!!
    Bunches of Hugs
    Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home