Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mom

My mom is 74 years old. I love her dearly and don't see her anywhere near enough. I worry about her. My brother doesn't have as much time to see her as he'd like but fortunately his oldest son is now temporarily living with Mom. This is good. She is in the hospital with double pneumonia. Not good. I've talked to her twice today and will call her again. I wish I were there. I want to make sure she does what they tell her to do and she understands it's to keep her alive. It bothers me when she says she's OK with dying. I'm not. She's still here for a reason. Maybe that reason is that her family still needs her. Well, at least I know I do.

So if I am having trouble concentrating on work or anything else, if I seem lost in a fog or I cry at the drop of a hat, please understand it's just worry. And frustration at not being there and able to do anything.

It sucks to get old. But it sucks so much more to not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home