Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Monday, January 22, 2007

Grammy & Matt



Here we are, Matt and I. I cannot tell you how absolutely wonderful it was to be there for 5 full days. I cried at the airport, of course. I had not seen Ally for over 2 years. There is no excuse. It will never be anywhere close to that long again. There is a big space in my heart where she resides and it was empty for way too long. Now there is another big space in my heart which Matt fills. I can still see the expressions on his face in my mind and feel how wonderful it was to hold him or to watch his mom and he together. They have such a special bond!

Matt is a truly great little boy. He cries to have his basic needs met - "feed me", "change me", "I'm tired" and very rarely, "hold me for a little while". When he wants to be held it's only moments before he's asleep. He has such beautiful little expressions. I love when he scrunches up his forehead in that inquisitive look that says, "we're doing what now?"

I am already booking my next flight. I gave Ally my holiday schedule so we can see how much time I can get there around my days off and then if not, I will use vacation or comp time. I will make this work. I'm going to be a frequent flyer with Aloha and will be able to drive the Sacramento to Chico and vice versa route all the time despite traffic and construction.

Take a look at these. I am going to try to post two pictures here at the bottom which will tell you why I need to do all this travelling. Nope, haven't looked for a job there... yet. But you never know. (Apparently I can only post one picture... I will post the other later!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home