Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Sunday, December 30, 2007

100+ Things About Me, Kinda

I have seen several blogs where the author posts "100+ Things About Me". I am not sure I can get that far so let's see if I break this down into 25 at a time, I might make it someday. So here's the start:

1. I am a fraternal twin, second born 5 minutes after my brother.
2. My dad wanted to name me Lillian.
3. I was born in New Hampshire but brought up mostly in Maine.
4. My favorite color is pink followed by blue and then lilac.
5. My favorite flower is the lilac followed by roses, preferably, of course, pink.
6. While growing up we had a party line but I can't remember if we shared it with just one other family or more. It was probably 3 or 4 families on the same line. If you're too young to know what a party line is, ask Google.
7. For many years I was sure my first daughter would be named Wendy. She's definitely NOT a Wendy. She's a perfect Ally.
8. I can't sleep if my ears are cold. Every winter I can remember I have gone to bed at night with a cap on my head.
9. My current night cap is crochet and violet and was specifically made as my night cap. I now need to make one in pink or burgundy to actually match the room. The violet was just because I loved that skein of yarn. And no, don't ask what kind of yarn - I can't remember and that goes for most projects.
10. Nobody outside of my family can ever spell my maiden name correctly the first time.
11. Try growing up as a twin when the motto for a beer with the same name as your last name, spelled differently though, being, "The one beer to have when you're having more than one."
12. My usual weakness when it comes to men is a guy with dark hair and eyes.
13. The absolute love of my life is a guy with blue eyes and blonde hair who will someday learn to say the word "grammy" when he sees me.
14. I miss my dad every day. And cry for him.
15. I cry a lot more than I probably should. Because I miss people, love people, feel joy or even sadness at the loss of someone I did not know but wish I had.
16. I smother deviled eggs in paprika and salt.
17. My two female first cousins and I received white full slips every year for our birthdays and Christmas from our grandmother (dad's side). We were all grateful she didn't know our underwear size.
18. My first pet was a little kitten named Frisky who was hit by a car very shortly after he came to live with us.
19. Frisky was replaced by a huge turtle that we kept two weeks and took to a big stream and let him go back.
20. I don't really like tea. I only like iced tea if it has tons and tons of sugar in it. (Yup, really good for a diabetic.)
21. Sadly I know not why but I am a huge fan of the movies "Paternity" and "Major Payne".
22. A movie in the theater isn't worth attending if I can't have popcorn.
23. I've commited myself to 3 swaps that I am not sure I can finish unless I make the item by crochet instead of knit since it's faster.
24. I leave cute snowmen up around my house all year.
25. My favorite swear words are "fudge" (or "fudgscile") and "foo".

Oh it's a start.

I think it'll take me a while to come up with even 25 more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home