Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Sunday, December 02, 2007

On A Cold Winter's Day...

I slept in too late. I did manage to get the laundry done. I need to finish making the bed. I have two projects I want to finish today but probably won't because I took time instead to do something else. I need to have lunch. I'm so far behind on everything. So why am I so content on this cold winter's day?

It wouldn't be because of the dream I had last night. That was sad.
It wouldn't be because I have seen a friend today. I haven't.
It wouldn't be because I have any real plans. I don't.
It wouldn't be because I feel things are moving ahead. They're standing still.

But I can tell you that the "something else" I did today warmed my heart. What was that? I spent two hours going through old pictures. And looking for ones which should have been on my computer but weren't. So I dug through discs and put them on my computer and just spent some time being happy in the memories.

Pictures of Ally.
Pictures of Ally and Sean's wedding.
Pictures of Matt from birth through when I last saw him in October.
Picture of grade school/high school friends.
Pictures of college friends.
Pictures of newer friends although a friendship that started 12 years ago isn't one I really consider to be new.
Pictures of places I have been.
Pictures of Den with me and other people I love.
Pictures that remind me of the many blessing I have.
Pictures that give me happiness, hope, sunshine and warmth on a cold winter's day.

It wasn't wasted time. Far from it.

The rest of the chores can wait. I've got something else to do. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home