Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Another Saturday Night And I Ain't Got Nobody...

Yeah, been listening to music today. And yes, while it IS another Saturday night and "I ain't got nobody", at least in the romantic sense, that doesn't made me sad. I have lots of friends and family and things to keep me busy and happy. We make our own happiness. Last night I made my favorite oven fried chicken and ate it with rolls and a salad at my kitchen table with my friend Amy and we watched the rain and lightning and listened to the thunder and enjoyed our first true taste of autumn. We sipped coffee and knit and watched "Fracture" afterwards. I had a nice dinner and movie night with my movie buddy. And we got knitting done, too, which is always an added pleasure.

I had a chance to talk to Heather a couple of times today and that was nice. We've both been so busy since I got back from my trip to see Ally and Matt (and Heather!) earlier in the month and she's had computer problems and well, it's just nice to be able to chat.

I'm starting to think about my packing list and my craft project list. I thought of something I really, really want to get done soon so I will motivate myself to get started.

It's another Saturday night when I will watch bad movies on the Sci-Fi channel, knit, and now that the weather is cooler, enjoy it all from under a fleece blanket with a cup of cocoa.

Next Saturday night I will be getting off an airplane in Manchester, New Hampshire and go to the baggage claim area to meet up with my Mom and my oldest nephew Ryan. And I'll start soaking up family time to store for all the Saturdays when I am back here, alone but not alone.

Yeah, another Saturday night but I *do* have what matters - friends and family. Much better to be alone than to be with someone and feel alone.

The Mutant Penguin Herself really is a happy penguin. 'bout time, eh? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home