Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Complaints

I am going to register some complaints here. There are ongoing things which continually bother me A LOT and so I'm going to share them. You might not agree and you might think I'm being prejudiced but this is how I feel.

I am tired of being a hard-working, tax-paying, law-abiding, vote-casting United States citizen who can't afford health care even though I work full time. The medication my doctor wants me on is not affordable. I'm employed so I don't qualify for help from drug companies, the state or federal governments. I always wear my seat belt. I pay my bills on time. I worked hard to afford college and then to pay off the student loans. I'm a decent, soft-hearted woman. Except for this...

I would like to know why illegal immigrants get better health care than I do. Why do they get help with food, housing, clothing, education and medicine at my expense when they're here illegally? Why am I being punished for working? For being born here? Why does the government want to reward them and punish me by making me fund these items with the taxes the obtain from my hard earned money?

Do I sound like I'm feeling that I'm being treated unfairly? I hope so. Because I'd like to know why someone who doesn't follow the law gets rewarded and someone who does gets to pay the bill for it. That truly does not seem fair to me.

OK I am not going to say any more except that fortunately the First Amendment allows me to speak my mind. I don't do it too often. I just have been feeling unfairly treated lately by a government that cares more about illegal immigrants than the citizens born here.

There are days when I'm glad we only live once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home