Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

I am watering the lawn out front and back as I type this blog entry. The promised rain has not come. And this weekend is jam packed with things I'm doing so I'm watering now. I am also doing laundry. I need to bring work home tomorrow because a client is coming in Monday and I want to have everything in order when she meets with the attorney. So I will work on some things tomorrow afternoon, Sunday night and if I must, I will go in early Monday. I am going to Reno Saturday on a bus trip with some friends from work and I am sure it will be like last year - a real blast! Sunday is KC and I missed the last one and if we don't want Devvy to give up our time slot and chairs, we have to go this time. Well geez, I had said I couldn't go because I was going to be with the little man in my life. Not my fault others didn't go. Anyway, I am going this week. Tomorrow afternoon before I dig into the casework I have to drop by my other LYS (this one truly is closer - 2 streets over!) and see if she was able to get the thread for me for a project I'm working on. And I have decided to make another fedora with a shorter main body to the hat (and smaller stripe) so I need to pick up some grey Cascade and I'll get a small ball of darker grey wool if I can. I'd hate to have to buy a full 220 skein of dark grey for only a small amount but the bright side is that would make a nice bowl for a guy, I suppose.

Why am I talking about crafting when this is my Ramblings blog? Well, it seems I spend a lot of time doing that kind of stuff lately. I am looking forward to seeing the little guy for Easter and spending some time with his parents. If Sean has drill that weekend I am sure Ally will work Sunday so it'll be me, Matt, Joey (hopefully), two dogs, two cats and one lizard. Well, maybe 3 cats if that supposed-to-be-short-term other cat is there. I hope he's in Ally's room because he has a bad skin condition that a lot of people who get around him are allergic to and I'm pretty sure that includes me. We'll see.

I am not looking forward to a hot summer and I think this will be worse than last year. I will be spending a lot of time inside my house with the blinds tightly closed, little clothing, under and in front of fans. There will be little, if any, knitting. Maybe I can manage to do a bit of thread crochet. But my crafting will be restricted to my work environment or such. In the summer, no matter where I am, I am always lethargic. Well, unless you take me shopping. :)

I am thinking tonight of not just the busyness of this weekend but what I would like to do next weekend. I have a hair appointment but other than that, I am a free penguin. Yeah, well, that usually manages to change somewhere around Thursday night or Friday morning. And that is always a pleasant surprise. A movie with Amy. Lunch with Jo. I am usually up for anything and glad to go. I manage my time pretty well. But here's the secret... if someone calls me or emails me and says, "Want to do (whatever) (whenever)?" I never say no unless I am feeling sick or truly have another obligation. I love spending time with my friends. They are my family here. They keep me grounded and sane (ok, as sane as I can be) and happy. I am really lucky to have such an abundance of friends and love and blessings in my life.

That's what I'm thinking about this Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home