Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Friday, September 11, 2009

A Few Other Thoughts

I have been feeling very unhappy of late. I have been a hermit, for the most part. My friends are busy dealing with their lives, my family lives a long ways away. I am researching cell phone plans that I can get with unlimited calling because I find myself wanting to talk to my Mom as often as possible. I guess I just feel like she's the only person I can talk to whose life I am not intruding upon if I call. I need to get out and do more things but anyone who knows me knows I hate doing a lot of things alone. But today perhaps I will. I do not want to be sitting in my room all day. I will do my laundry this morning and then I will pick up a bit in my room, take a shower and go somewhere. I have no shopping that needs to be done and no swaps to get sent out so it will have to be something different. Amy has been spending a lot of time in Reno visiting her father who is having a terrible time living without the woman he was married to for over 50 years. Alma is in Arizona with her daughter visiting friends. I am at loose ends.

I can't wait for vacation. Not just the Celtics game but mostly just to be with family. I sleep better, feel better and it's always hard to leave. It's the one place I feel like I truly fit in. And lately I have been feeling like I don't fit in anywhere. So perhaps if I do something out of the ordinary and enjoy it that will help me feel better.

I bought my tickets to go see Matt for his birthday. I will get 3 days with him and Ally this year. Better than 0. And I will get to see little darling Andrew while I'm in New Hampshire. Can't help but have a light heart and smile around him. He is such a cheerful little boy.

Coffee time and then laundry. Time to adjust the attitude. And longitude. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home