Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Easy Addiction - Six Words

This is technically not craft related although writing is, in fact, a craft. I got involved in a swap that was based on the principal of telling bits and pieces of your story (or a story) in a sentence of six words. For instance, here's one I put on my list of "Six Word Memories".

Fire destroys homes, not a family.

And...

I miss my Shannon every day.

So this, obviously, got me thinking. Not only that, now I can't seem to stop thinking in 6 words pieces. I find myself thinking of things in 6 words or less (but not blogging in 6 word sentences as you can see!).

On a bad day:
Life sucks and then you die.

On a good day:
It's good to be above ground.

On me:
All my life I've been short.
I'm short, round, generous and loving.
When you're cruel I bleed inside.
(or from the title of a poem I wrote... I bleed inside, the wound unhealed.)
I'm as soft inside as outside.

Anyway, this is a wonderful way to not only exercise my brain but also my heart and creative talents and I really like the necessity of really thinking about what to say to get the point across.

I urge anyone reading this to give it a try. You might find it's an easy addiction, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home