Ramblings of A Mutant Penguin

The Mutant Penguin Herself Speaks - Personally

Monday, April 17, 2006

Bedtime Prayers



Before I go to sleep I will say my bedtime prayers. Yes, I pray other times. While it may not be "politically correct", it's what's correct for me.

So tonight before I drift off to dreams, I will pray for you who are reading this writing. I will ask that my friends and family, my co-workers and their friends and families will be watched over and blessed. I will ask for some special help for Lexie and Robert and Tammy and Sally and David who is my ex-father-in-law. I will pray that Merry's David stay safe in Iraq and say thanks that my son-in-law Sean, the love of my daughter Ally's life, came home safely. And that she will not have to go there, too.

Tonight I will count my blessings and be thankful for them. I will ask for guidance and assistance, tolerance and patience and even motivation to be a better person, employee, friend, mother, sister, and daughter.

I do this every night. It's nothing new to me. I've done it every night since I was old enough to understand what it was and why it was a good thing to do. It isn't obligation that makes me do it - it's because it's part of who I am.

So tonight as I say my bedtime prayers, I will mention you, if not by name, by reference, and I will hope that your life is as blessed as mine has turned out to be in spite of the pain and mistakes and mis-steps. And when I awake in the morning, I will say a little "thank you" prayer for having woken up. For being able to get out of bed, get dressed, have a job to go to and a car to get me there that works. For the coffee I will drink in the warm house I have to live in. For being able to breathe and walk and hear (maybe not well but I can hear), for being able to see which really had me worried a couple of years ago.

There are a lot of blessings to be thankful for, all day long, be they little or big. I can't sleep unless I say my bedtime prayers. So tonight I will say them and add you to my list. Sleep well, be well, enjoy life. It is fleeting at best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home